Sunday 21 August 2016

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 21st August, 2016


Today's weather;

A very late update, I'm currently on the ferry back to Koh Samui after running a race early this morning but with no access to the internet until now.

On Koh Samui it's partially clouded, well, with just a few sparse clouds and the sun is having a ball in-between the clouds. Current temp at 1.30pm is 33C
It should stay a very sunny and nice day and afternoon.

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 21st August, 2016

Inside the sitting monk boat or statue at Wat Bophud

Earlier today I ran a 25km race in Na San in Surat Thani province. Na San is the rambutan capital of the world and has some dramatic scenery with limestone cliffs surrounding the village and a nice small river floating around the village. It was very cool early in the morning, which was perfect for running and I managed to finish the 25km before the sun started to heat up. However, since I'm training for a full marathon, 42.2km next month, I still had to run for a little bit over an hour after I finished the race. That was a different cookie and it was a lot warmer by than. 
In total I ran some 35km today, first the 24,74km in the race in 2 hours and 56 seconds or a 4'53 pace and after that another 10,57km in 1 hour and 5 minutes.

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 21st August, 2016

Stunning and dramatic scenery in Ban Na San, the rambutan capital of the world

Yesterday it was nice and fairly sunny when we left Koh Samui around 1pm but later a thunder storm moved over Koh Samui with hard wind and rain. Max temp still got up to 34C

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 21st August, 2016

13th Ban Na San super half marathon over 25km, placed third in my age category, out of around 30 runners and I palced around 30th place in total out of some 250-300 runners, with 24.74km in 2 hours and 56 seconds and a 4'53 pace. Well chuffed with this result

The forecast is looking very good for the next ten days with hardly any wind anymore come next weekend and very sunny skies from there onward. Up to the coming weekend there may be some last bursts of wind and an occasional tropical shower. Enjoy the good weather that's knocking on Koh Samui's door now.

Do 'like' my Koh Samui blog Facebook page and don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks! 

Camille

No comments: