Thursday 31 December 2015

Goodbye to December 2015

The end of the year 2015 and the end of a month, it's time to say goodbye to December 2015. The last day of this year is knocking on our doors and I wish everybody a healthy and prosperous new year!

The weather during this December was as one can expect during the monsoon, with lots of clouds, wind and rain. Nothing special there, except that the monsoon run longer than the previous couple of years. It has not been until the very end of the month that we started to see some sun back over the Koh Samui skies. It was a long, wet and hefty monsoon this year, that's for sure.

Goodbye to December 2015

Namuang waterfall 1 earlier this month, the calm and clean water has turned into a churning, wide and muddy stream due to the vast amounts of rain during the recent monsoon. It's not a safe place at the moment to swim in.

During the beginning of the month I was for work in Moalboal in the Philippines, and upon arriving back I ran my second best half marathon during the 5th International half  marathon in Bangkok, on and near Rama VIII bridge. Shortly after that event I decided to participate in my 3rd ever full marathon, on 14th February in Surat Thani. My training regime has started and today I finished my running year on a runners high by placing 5th in my age category during the 10 Miles International Hat Yai race in what is for me a good time (1:16'14.9).

This month I visited my favorite Japanese restaurant on Koh Samui, for another excellent meal, at Kobori in Maenam, a great lunch was had at Sweet Sisters and we also visited the monthly Green market in Fisherman's Village.

Tonight we will celebrate New Year in Hat Yai, providing we can stay awake (we got up at 3am this monring) and tomorrow we're off again, back to Koh Samui. 

Hope you have a grand time tonight and celebrate the end of this year and embrace the New Year, where ever you may be on this earth!

Do 'like' my Koh Samui blog Facebook page and don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks! 

Camille

No comments: