Friday 28 February 2014

Goodbye to February, 2014

It's that time of the month again, time to say goodbye to the 2104 edition of February.

To immediately get down to the facts, it's been a great month for weather, just like most or rather all recorded February months on file here on this Samui weather blog. 
It's been mostly sunny and warm and there was hardly any rain at all, except for an occasional and rather rare shower. It's warm but not as warm as during April for instance.February is actually the perfect month to be on Samui.

It's been a busy month for me as well, work and travel wise! At the beginning of the month I arrived back from a PADI IDC on Gili Air in Indonesia and a bit over a week ago I find myself back here teaching another PADI IDC program.

The weekends I was at home we went to the mainland where I ran a race in Nakhon Si Thammarat and Prachuap Khiri Khan. We also spent a lot of time getting passports sorted for our children at the Surat Thani passport agency, which turned out to be a bit of a hassle due to the current protests in Thailand, but we managed to get it sorted.

Wat Racha Tamaram, Lamai

Wat Racha Tamaram near Lamai or better known as Wat Sila Nguu by the locals. It was almost 8 years since I last visited

The time I spent this month on the island, we also had some good food and one restaurant I like to highlight is Kobori, a new Japanese restaurant in Maenam. Excellent food and well worth a visit!

Enjoy this last day of February and it's time to start looking forward to March on and around Koh Samui.

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

No comments: