Tuesday 3 March 2009

Antica Locanda, Italian Restaurant in Bang Rak

Antica Locanda, Italian Restaurant in Bang Rak

Have been going to this great restaurant for years already, even to it's original Chaweng location (where I took my wife and her chaperone a few times, back in the days!) before they moved to Bang Rak, but never seem to take my camera with me to make some good pictures.

Let me start telling you that it's always busy in this place, which is a good sign to start with and the quality of the food has been consistent over the years, being excellent.


Since they opened shop in Bang Rak, they are near the entrance to the Ghost Road, it's fairly easy to find. It's also my favorite 'take away' place and service is quick and you can pick up your order within 10 or 15 minutes. Their phone number is 077 245 163.

When at last I did take my camera, I went for a special menu, Phuket lobster with black (squid ink) noodles in a creamy sauce. Very nice and well worth it!

My usual faves are home made gnocchis or a 'pizza melanzane espinaci'; a pizza with aubergine and spinach!

If you live in the Bang Rak area, I'ld be very surprised if you haven't been here already and if you're visiting or staying in a hotel in the area, it's an excellent place to look up if you're craving for Western food, let alone Italian food!

Camille


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so right. The pizza's are great. And they have the small pots with oregano in it. Just superb.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks delicious. I miss Italian food! There are slim pickings in Suphan, your post has made me think about a visit to Bangkok just to get a fix.

Camille Lemmens said...

Hi Ben,

Any excuse to visit the big city? ;-)